We, being J.FitzPatrick Footwear (my brand), are back at it with another patina collaboration, again on our classic wholecut model: The Tony II. This model’s subtle styling acts as a blank canvas, lending itself to the most beautiful patinas and enabling the patina artist’s abilities to really shine. This time we are collaborating with Hancore, our in-house specialist who is Parisian trained and among the finest patina artists in the world.
With this collaboration, we are really taking it to the next level with our offerings. Please see below the options to understand all that is available.
1. There are ten selections for patina. Nine options are set colored patinas, and the tenth is a ‘create your own’ patina for those who really want to create something unique.
2. When creating your own patina, there are several ways to choose your style. If you know a patina that you have in mind from our patina selection page (see here), simply leave the name of that patina in your order notes. For something else, please leave in the notes, ‘discuss with Greg,’ and we will put you in touch with our patina artist in order to help create your vision. A good place to start is his Instagram page (see here) or any other idea you have seen elsewhere, as Greg can replicate most other patinas as well. We will also need you to select your sole color (edging and bottom) choice as this cannot be changed after placing your order.
3. We are offering very small and large sizes this time, from US3.5 to US16, with all half-sizes included. We are also offering Narrow, Medium, and Wide widths. Lastly, we are offering you the opportunity to select your last shape. All of these options give you as much of an MTO capability as possible, at an incredible RTW price!
4. The pricing is as follows:
$450 for sizes US3.5 to US13. If you purchased the Tony II right now via RTW and added a custom patina, it would come to $550, so this is $100 in savings. For those of you desiring smaller sizes or last changes, the savings are even greater, as a Tony II via MTO with patina would cost $655.
$575 all in for the larger sizes (US13.5+). This is an even greater saving, as a patina shoe in a plus-size (above US13) would be $410 for the base model, $225 for the MTO fee on larger sizes, and $120 for patina on a crust shoe. That is a total of $755, so the price of $575 is $170 in savings.
5. We have worked with both the factory and patina artist to create the quickest possible turnaround time. Usually, we would quote 5 months for this, from the end of the offering period, which is June 6th. But our factory told us they could rush this stock to be complete by September 15th. It will take around 7-10 days from there to receive the shoes, and another 2-4 weeks to complete the patinas. We are aiming for you to have your pair shipped by mid-October, shaving off around 1 month from the normal production time.
***Please note that all colors (outside of the light blue Fuji) were created as photoshop renditions; the final product will be as close to possible to the corresponding image. With Greg’s capabilities, we are confident your pairs will be even more beautiful in real life. See below for photos of the original “Fuji” pair to see how vibrant this patina appears in person***
We hope that you enjoy this new collaboration; as always, for any questions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to Greg at email@example.com