In the recurring fight against cancer, a horrible affliction that most of us have been affected by somehow whether in a dear friend, a family member, or even in ourselves, a group of shoemakers and the society that facilitates them has teamed up with a leading Cancer institute in its quest to raise funds and help people inflicted by this terrible disease. That society is the CSNB (Chambre Syndicale Nationale des Bottiers or National Shoemakers Association in English) and that leading institute (#1 in France, and 5th in the world) is none other than Gustave Roussy. Together, they create an amazing charity raffle helped by some of France’s leading shoemakers that offers a lot of great prizes in the hopes to help continue fighting this constant battle. This is a beautiful collaboration and noble cause and it is nice to see shoemakers and companies alike getting involved to do something good outside of their own personal benefit. If only, that happened more in this world. But enough of that. Let’s see what’s involved.
The raffle is €20 per ticket and there is no limit to how many tickets one can purchase. The more the merrier and chance you have of winning!
You can enter HERE
All proceeds will be donated to the Gustave Roussy Institute to continue its fight against cancer. Should one not wish to participate in the raffle, they can also donate just for donation.
The raffle is open until Saint Crispins Day, otherwise known as October 25th, 2022.
To read more in-depth about the event, please visit this page: https://www.csnb-botterie.com/shoes-for-life/
The Main Prize:
A custom pair of bespoke shoes, for a man or a woman, and to the person’s specifications i.e. you can create your very own shoe.
This will be made by one of the members of the CSNB, which includes Berluti, John Lobb Paris, Corthay, Atelier du Tranchet, Stephane Jimenez, Philippe Atienza, Massaro, Canale & Fils, Christian Louboutin, Maison Clairvoy, and more.
The approximate value of this is €7,000.
The winner can carry out the measurement and fittings ideally in Paris or at several locations around the world should Paris not work. It will all be coordinated to work for the winner’s abilities of travel.
– A pair of sneakers (excluding exotic leather) from the Atelier du Tranchet (choice between the “Dragon Fury” or “Sneakers Mc Fly” models) (prize value: €850)
– An “Un Jour” bag from Maison Berluti (prize value: €3,000)
– A pair of MTO sneakers (“Made To Order”, excluding exotic leather) from Maison Clairvoy (prize value: €890)
– A pair of ready-to-wear shoes: the “Arca” model from Maison Corthay (prize value: €1,450)
– A pair of ready-to-wear shoes: the “William” model from John Lobb (prize value: €1,205)
– A pair of ready-to-wear shoes: the “Andy” or “Alessandro” model from Maison Berluti (prize value: €1,750)
– A pair of ready-to-wear pumps: the “Kate” model in calfskin from Maison Louboutin (prize value: €575) or a pair of ready to-wear men’s shoes: the “Greggo” model in black calfskin (prize value: €650)
– An evening dinner show for two people at the Moulin Rouge (prize value: €430)
As you can see there is a lot on offer, and even if you win nothing, the ticket is a nominal amount and for a great cause!
If you feel like helping to make this charity raffle a success and wish to help spread the word about it, in social media or other, you can access their poster (same as below) and use the links provided for info needed.
Happy Raffling and Good Luck to all those who enter!